Grade 7 Math Blogorama at Sargent Park

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

February First Math Assignment

You must publish your response to this math question as a comment to this post. I will not accept answers that are left as posts on your blog or as comments to another post, it must be a comment to THIS POST ONLY

Problem:

Mr Reece has $82.00. I'm off to the mall to do some shopping. First I buy a DVD and then some lunch, with my lunch costing half the price of the DVD. I now spends half of what I have left on a new pair of pants, leaving me with $29.75.

How much did the DVD cost?

How much did my lunch cost?

Remember to answer this question as a comment to this post!

Happy puzzle solving.

Mr. R

2 Comments:

  • Yes it would help if you tried to work backwards to solve this problem.

    You could try to guess the first amount as well and go from there, but this route could take you a while.

    By Blogger Mr. Reece, at 2/02/2006 8:40 AM  

  • first of all i must say that this was really hard, & im sure that this is wrong but im gonna go with...

    DVD $26.63 (madagascar?)
    Lunch $13.31 (a small pizza?)

    By Blogger apuya_soldier_, at 2/05/2006 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home